Washington University’s commitment to you and your family is paramount. We are proud to be known for our outstanding low-cost high-value benefits, which exceed those of many other organizations. In addition to providing several health plan options with a contribution rate under $100 per month for employee only coverage (2023), we also provide dental, vision, life insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan that provides a 7% university contribution when you contribute at least 5%. WashU offers a variety of other benefits to support the diverse needs of our employees. A few highlights include:
- Up to 22 days of vacation, 10 recognized holidays and sick time*.
- 4 weeks of paid Caregiver/Parental leave* to bond with a new child or to care for your spouse/domestic partner, child or parent with a serious health condition.
- Exceptional health care with priority initial appointments and lower office visit copays/coinsurance through a network of our world-class Washington University specialists, as well as exclusive access to adult primary care physicians and mental health professionals dedicated solely to WashU health plan participants and dependents.
- Tuition support for you and your spouse/domestic partner after one year of service and dependent child college tuition assistance after 7 years (must be a current employee at time dependent is in college).
- Family care resources and a dedicated family and child care facilitator. Other resources include fertility and adoption assistance.
- A variety of well-being resources designed to support employees throughout their career, including wellness challenges, annual health screenings, mental health resources, mindfulness programs and courses, access to wellness consultants, an intensive weight loss program, financial well-being resources, work-life support, engagement opportunities, career development resources and more! All offered to help you thrive in and outside of work.
- WashU provides eligible employees a defined contribution (403(b)) Retirement Savings Plan, with a university contribution starting at 7%.
- Want to Live Near Your Work and/or improve your commute?Take advantage of our free Metro transit U-Pass for eligible employees. We also offer a forgivable home loan of up to $12,500 for closing costs and a down payment for homes in eligible neighborhoods.
View the full benefits package online and learn about our unique employee experience, where our employees work together in an inclusive community that celebrates diverse perspectives, collaboration and innovation so we all can thrive.
*Benefits for full-time staff employment only. Separate faculty and post docs benefits are provided at the link above. Part-time or other staff jobs like academic year positions working less than full-time or a full calendar year may not be fully reflected. Please consult with HR regarding your benefits.